Tuesday, July 20, 2010

idle dream

I still see you in my dreams. My thoughts caught in conundrums unsolved. Why?
It's fine; I can answer my own questions. But my heart starts to beat faster continuously chasing after the logic. 2 years 2 months 2 days ago you were here. Too many times did you leave but the final line was drawn headed to an exit sign. The entrance no longer exists.

We met uptown on the west side, fell in love downtown on the east side and became inseparable in Brooklyn. I saw depth in your dimples that cried out your youth from childhood but true wisdom reflected in your salt and pepper hair. I stood facing you and lay my forehead on your chest as you caressed my clothes off. We lay and we stayed deep and naked. The street lights beamed in through the window reflecting horizontal parallels on our skin from the wooden blinds. Your face pressed against mine and we fell into a nook. Nested we rested until yesterday.

We paralleled so much. But you stayed horizontal and I became vertical leaving our perpendicular state of conflict. Reality is sour and sweet. My mouth is dry from explaining myself. Your eyes wet from expressing yourself. Only the salty sweat dripped from our bodies on that hot summer night while we were busy discussing a bitter winter. You became a splinter, stuck beneath my skin as I inked my way through yours.

Three colors of the rainbow. We started fire red and in the mist of settling down to a mellow yellow we fell off the color wheel into the abyss blackness.
You skipped green. That was your down fall. It was more than for me, it was for you to make an ‘us’. No picture can be built when there’s only one puzzle piece.

Different state, different time and different circumstance might have given us a chance. I blame no one. I pleaded to stop the bleeding but I pulled the plug instead and we just simply flat lined.

I still see you in my dreams.

RY

No comments:

Post a Comment