Sunday, July 18, 2010

Friends...

...I was asked a really great question recently:

"How many friends do you have? (Close) friends who you can call at 4AM if something happened?"


So I started to list people aloud and was amazed at how many great friends I have and the whole concept of friendship in general. The word "friend" is really a beautiful thing. It’s loose enough not to confine a relationship but intimate enough to bring about this warm sensation from my heart. So this is a special tribute to some of the many people in my life...

So often called a “bitch” and misunderstood, my half Russian half Ukrainian is honest-to-a-T amazing woman who can express herself so well via “fuck this” and “fuck that”. You’d think she was offensive but I absolutely adore her! She’ll criticize me and love me all in one breath; I couldn’t picture life events happening without sharing with her.

My feisty Latinas oh where to start! You range from the Carolinas to NY every inch of your tiny frames is filled with fire! My girl from Jersey was the first person to ever throw me a surprise going away party when I moved to Japan in 2004, she made jello shots and made sure it was a night to forever remember :) I was completely clueless to why there were streamers on the ceiling lol oh the joys we had of going to the shore at midnight, hospital visits (ha) and ‘til this day somehow the police find their way to get involved lmao… you’re an amazing spirit and such a strong solid woman with a huge heart you’re a blessing I can call you my friend.

My southern bell turned feisty New Yorker, I love you. You’ve taught me so much: true friendship, girl power, dancing and being faaabulous. You’re forever a part of me; we’ve been through thick and thin and had ups and downs but all in all have been the best friendship to date. I admire your soul and big ass brain lol you have a fantastic family and I’m honored to be a part of it!

My chica from FIT! You are nothing less than the truth, my scorpion princess who’s been there every time I had to move lol with your pickup truck you’re so fucking cool! I’ll never forget our camping trip to West Virginia and the pouring rain, thank you for still loving me after that lmao I am amazed at how real you are, open to new things, so genuine and a blast!

My homie from Jersey, I’ve known you 12 years. You taught me respect and what practicing what you preach really means. We’ve developed into this wonderful space, I’m grateful for our relationship :) I come to you for laughs and advice, we talk about the stars, the moon, the sky and why the earth was made – you’re an amazing creature with great talent and a warm heart, a genius for sure, I absolutely adore you and your family!

People who come in and out of our lives are all meant for different reasons – true friendships uplift me and are my kindred spirit family – I love you all!

RY

1 comment: