Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I ♥ NYC


A city I can be called a “bombaclut” and receive a marriage proposal from a complete stranger all in the same block. God I love NYC.


My best friends in the world live here, most of my immediate family are here, my life is here, my heart is here. It is home. Yet every morning when I wake up NYC feels brand new. I still look at the subway map (although I know most of the train stops) like a tourist. I’m still surprised everyday at the most random weirdest things I witness on the streets though they’re all completely expected here. I’m protective over my apartment and fear being homeless (or worst case desperation to move back home *gasp* but isn’t that the same thing?) even though I get along wonderfully with my landlady (for the past 3 solid years) and recently resigned a 2 year lease (yay!).



The grimy dirt, graffiti and most appalling pungent orders I have ever laid my precious poor nostrils on lets me know I’m home. The air in Jersey by my mother’s house is too clean in comparison, the fresh cut grassy tree lined suburban feel (although it is an absolute blessing to go home once in a while and get a sniffing break). God I love NYC. The amazing museums, parks, craziest and amazing nightlife galore! Dinner and a movie date with my best friend, lunch with my mother, dinner at my dads, family celebrations with Grandma. I love NYC. Or is it the people that make the city? Where does one start and the other end? The city molds the people, but the people make the city.

Anyone who knows me knows I love food, regardless of my diet ‘restrictions’ and only in NYC can I have the best Korean, Indian, Greek, Italian, Japanese, Middle Eastern, Mexican, Dominican, Columbian, Chinese, Pan Asian scrumpdiliociousness all a hop skip and train ride away from my fabulous apartment.


All ages and walks of life live, eat, and breathe NYC. Those almost timeless motionless moments of passing passer-byers and having flashes of what their story may be like… to sit outdoors in the warm months and do some people watching.

I wouldn’t mind moving for the right reasons but NYC would always be home sweet home. I ♥ NYC.



RY

1 comment: