Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Touch me...
Bare feet to the bluegrass band,
the wet earth becomes a dance floor.
Paper stars adorn the promise of a never lasting moment.
I don't remember your face as my eyes were closed,
but my skin remembers the feel of your trace.
Around my curvatures your finger tips glided;
Excited, I smiled to say:
"I don't know your last name
or the reasons for your scars
or how many seasons you spent drowning,
but I know the rhythm of your drum
and smell of sweet sweat
as the moon lit like a disco ball to this party.
I don't know the sorrows in your heart
or restless nights fighting demons while busy dreaming
or your favorite color.
But, my being here...
I absorbed you."
Your memory rests in waves of sensations.
No visuals to cloud my sky, just the effervescence of your touch.
RY
Labels:
poem
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I wish I was with you to talk about this...the inspiration, etc. I like it. ;-)
ReplyDeletebeautifully written prose poem...crisp and visceral imagery and something soothing in its sadness. i think this might be one of your best yet. :)
ReplyDelete